Saturday, July 25, 2009

Welcome to The Blog!

Welcome, gentlemen. If you have found this small corner of the Interwebs through your Googles or Yahoos, then it is pretty likely that you are an expectant or recent father -- and quite possibly a father of twins. Congrats.

As I write this first entry, my wife is 29 1/2 weeks pregnant, so it is getting pretty close. We are expecting two boys and are not yet certain whether they are identical or fraternal. I have spent my copious free time over the last 7 months or so poking around books and the Internet looking for information. Although there is more out there about fatherhood than there used to be, there is still a lot less than there is about motherhood, and I have not found much about being a dad of twins. Maybe something on this blog may end helping someone -- or maybe it will be therapeutic for me. If we're really lucky, enough of us will find it that it will become a place to fraternize, share information, and blow off steam. Whether you are a father or an expectant father, and particularly if you have or are expecting twins, please feel free to comment early and often.

As I did not get the idea for this blog until recently, I have missed 29 1/2 weeks of potential posts about the pregnancy. I guess there are three moments that really stand out. I'll touch on them briefly in the next three posts. After that, we shall only look forward.

Welcome, boys. Comment away.

No comments:

Post a Comment